Stormin Mormon

Default spirit snowthrower

Is there some way to put a stick in there and pry the impeller backwards? Or
maybe tap the back of the stick with a hammer, use the wood dowel as a
"drift".

Failing that, the torch idea sounds good. I'm thinking to myself if there's
anything that dissolves news paper, but only sulphuric acid comes to mind,
and that's a bit extreme for a snow thrower.

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"GFRfan" wrote in message

I have a Spirit 8hp 2 stage snowthrower. Menards special. I think it
is an MTD but can't find any info on the MTD website. I picked up a
newspaper in it that was under the snow on my neighbors sidewalk. It
is now jammed between the second stage impellar and the feed chute.
What I need to know is how do I take the cowling loose so I can get
the impellars unjambed? Looks to me like I need to take the bolts out
of the ends of the auger and then I should be able to turn the cowl.
Any thoughts?

tia