Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Quick Question on Accufence

On 1/1/2019 1:29 PM, Onorbit wrote:
I am planning to add an Accufence to my old Powermatic 66. I want to build an extension table that butts flush up to the table. So here is my question - Do I really need the back rail or can I use the Accufence as reliably without it?

I had one of those fences, made by Jet. Anyway Yes you need that rail,
not so much directly for the fence but to hold up and support the table
extension that the fence will rest on. If the extension table does not
have enough support to stay on the same plane as the TS table or if the
extension bows your fence will reflect those deviations.

The back rail is only to support the extension table that the fence will
rest on.