Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Quick Question on Accufence

On 1/1/19 1:29 PM, Onorbit wrote:
I am planning to add an Accufence to my old Powermatic 66. I want to
build an extension table that butts flush up to the table. So here is
my question - Do I really need the back rail or can I use the
Accufence as reliably without it?

If it's like the Biesemeyer fence, all the clamping is done on the front
rail with no involvement from a back rail.

So you could probably take off the back rail with no issues. I would
just make sure the back rail isn't acting as a structural rail for the
saw table/assembly in any way before removing it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--