Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics
William Gothberg[_3_] William Gothberg[_3_] is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 13:37:27 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 12/29/18 11:26 AM, William Gothberg wrote:

[snip]

I don't need a MW, but the usual 600W to 900W in domestic ovens is
pitiful. What's wrong with 2kW?

Microwave heating instructions usually say what power they're for. Most
I've seen recently say 1 or 1.1KW. Maybe that's the normal for the new
units.

BTW, I have a 700W microwave about 30 years old.

Mine is more like 45

Mine tend to blow up before that age. My last one decided to run continuously, I guess something shorted out when some condensed water got through the centre whatsit on the turntable. I was in a foul mood at the time and couldn't be bothered repairing it, since they're so common you can get them for free on freecycle.