Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding on the Mill

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 12:36:56 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

Ok, who does it. Who welds right on the machine?

When I was first learning to setup and run my first CNC mill (a Taig 2019) I
sometimes repaired a bad cut in aluminum right on the table by filling it in
and then milling it flat. (DC spool gun) Often without shutting down the
mill. I don't recall any immediate catastrophic failures, but I sometimes
wonder if I was just lucky.

I have never done that on any of my other machines.

*******************

I imagine that could be a little exciting with high frequency. LOL.

As long as you keep your ground right on the vise..you will be ok.
Dont let your ground path include ANY bearings and you will be fine.
Its commonly done.

Gunner
__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.