Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Finished the Cypress Chairs

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 10:40:14 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

How far is the camp from your main residence? Is it a chore to get there or
is it an "easy and often" trip?

About 45 miles from home (here) and 10 miles from the old homestead (where I grew up, about an hour's drive from home (here). Home is in Lafayette, La.
Camp is in Morrow, La.

Side note: The Morrow area has sandy soil (less clay than here), somewhat like the farther north piney woods areas. I'm thinking/hoping this area is close enough to the lower range of the chestnut tree, as per maps.
https://www.acf.org/the-american-che...ive-range-map/

For some years I've been "studying" the chestnut and would like to plant some trees at the farm, hoping they will grow and hoping this area might be less prone to the blight, than other infected areas. I've been contemplating getting some trees, available from a Georgia tree farm.... stock is available from now to March (unless they sell out of stock before March). Their ad notes original tree stock, not hybrid. Now's about the time to plant the trees.

Sonny