Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Finished the Cypress Chairs

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:18:00 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 8:36:05 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Where will you use the chairs? The bulk is really evident...they wouldn't
visually "fit" anywhere in my house. Is there a big bulky table that people
have been standing up at for the past year and a half waiting for you to
finish the d*mn chairs? ;-)

They are bulky, purposely, because cypress is not your normal lumber for making chairs. The bulk is to compensate for the weakness of the wood, compared to walnut, oak, etc.

They will go with the 9' cypress trestle table, with 8' bench, that I made previously for the camp at the farm.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Sonny

I thought I recalled a table. I scrolled through some of your pictures
last night but I guess I didn't go back far enough.

A camp/farm setting is the perfect place for those beautiful pieces. I'm
sure your family will enjoy them for generations.