Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg[_3_] William Gothberg[_3_] is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 19:33:24 -0000, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 12/29/18 1:10 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 19:00:48 -0000, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 12/29/18 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW? They
were invented decades ago.

Pretty much the same reason one doesn't always turn a conventional
oven up to broil. 350º F. is a pretty common setting if my memory is
working.
T4 has a good example.
It comes down to lack of demand.

Conventional ovens have to heat the food from the outside. Microwaves
heat all the way through.

Well, the microwave cooking instructions on a lot of things say to
stir halfway
through cooking time. That would lead me to think microwaves have the same
issue as conventional ovens with the evenness factor.

They heat about an inch into the food. Good enough unless it's a huge meal.