Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

"%" wrote in message
On 2018-12-29 9:27 a.m., William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:23:37 -0000, Bill Gill wrote:

On 12/29/2018 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW? They
were invented decades ago.
Higher powered microwaves would require higher powered electric
outlets, probably 220VAC (in the USA).

Not a problem in Europe where everything is 240V. Another reason you
ought to stop that low voltage crap! Do you seriously have to hard wire
all your washing machines, dishwashers, tumble dryers, etc, etc? And
what on earth do you do with hoovers?

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use. Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea. More speed is not always better.

It can take 5 minutes to warm something from frozen to eating
temperature. I see no reason that couldn't be made into 2 minutes.

don't use microwaves if you don't like them ,
use an oven , i want a fast freeze machine ,
i want to freeze things in 5 minutes

You can buy those too, used to snap freeze fresh veg.