Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg[_3_] William Gothberg[_3_] is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 19:00:48 -0000, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 12/29/18 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW? They
were invented decades ago.

Pretty much the same reason one doesn't always turn a conventional
oven up to broil. 350º F. is a pretty common setting if my memory is
working.
T4 has a good example.
It comes down to lack of demand.

Conventional ovens have to heat the food from the outside. Microwaves heat all the way through.