Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Thrifty Cabinets Plans

On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 11:32:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 10:11:40 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 8:33:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

I'm so sorry that I ever posted on this angry miserable forum. I thought
this was a "recreational" woodworking group. Woodworkers who are interested
in woodworking, but instead it 's a group of people who just want to
complain.

If we could go back in time, the following technique might have worked out
a little better for you:

"Hi! My name is Bruce. I have created a series of plans for cabinets and other
furniture. I sell the plans through my website and offer a sample of each plan
for free. I don't want anyone to think I'm spamming this group, so I thought
that I would introduce myself first. Would you folks mind if I posted a link
to my website?

Here is an example of one of the sample plans so you can see what I am
offering. You'll note that the sample plans do not include the materials
list, cut list, etc. The full plans, of course, would.

[Insert Sample Plan Link Here]"

That post looks a lot less like spam than your version. I suspect that you
would have gotten a slightly warmer reception or, at a minimum, a more polite
send-off.

Thanks DerbyDad03. It's obvious this forum needs a moderator.

rec.woodworking is not a forum. It's a usenet newsgroup. The vast majority of usenet newgroups don't have moderators. Usenet information, including a brief
mention of the limited use of moderators, can be found he

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_newsgroup

IMO, rec.woodworking - on usenet - will never be moderated. Content may be
moderated once it hits web-based forums that steal posts from usenet, but
that's a topic for a different discussion.

If this was a moderated group e.g. mod.rec.woodworking (which AFAIK doesn't
exist) your post would probably have been blocked. Instead, you got some
constructive criticism. You have now experienced the beauty of usenet in
all of its un-moderated glory.