Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Arthur Conan Doyle Arthur Conan Doyle is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

"William Gothberg" wrote:

Anyway, I've never used a microwave on anything other than full power - even when defrosting, which for some reason people think you have to select "defrost". Why? It just takes longer. I can defrost food much faster on full power.

The idea is not to cook the food as its defrosting. Full power is fine if you
want the end item hot. It's not good if you want something room tempurature or
slightly cooler to use as a part of preparation of something else.