Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 2018-12-29 9:27 a.m., William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:23:37 -0000, Bill Gill wrote:

On 12/29/2018 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW?* They
were invented decades ago.

Higher powered microwaves would require higher powered electric
outlets, probably 220VAC (in the USA).

Not a problem in Europe where everything is 240V.* Another reason you
ought to stop that low voltage crap!* Do you seriously have to hard wire
all your washing machines, dishwashers, tumble dryers, etc, etc?* And
what on earth do you do with hoovers?

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use.* Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea.* More speed is not always better.

It can take 5 minutes to warm something from frozen to eating
temperature.* I see no reason that couldn't be made into 2 minutes.

don't use microwaves if you don't like them ,
use an oven , i want a fast freeze machine ,
i want to freeze things in 5 minutes