Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Thrifty Cabinets Plans

On 12/28/2018 10:23 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:41:52 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

I downloaded and looked at one and it was fine.
Funniest part is that the zip file was something like 3.7mb and the
extracted file was 3.8mb. Stupid. Sounds like someone who started
with dial-up and is stuck in his ways. :-)

Either way, I don't see anyone paying for these plans. There's nothing
special about them and the same info is all over the web for free.
Seems to me like a retired guy doing this as a hobby. Nobel enough
venture, but decades behind in terms of marketability.

The best part is the user agreement that forbids you from selling
anything you make using his plans, without getting written permission
first.

I don't see anyone selling any of the stuff and making any money unless
they hire kids in Taiwan to do it. All the designs look like RTA
assemblies straight out of IKEA or Wayfair.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Mike,

My plans are intended for beginning woodworkers and I think you agree with that. As for the rest of your comments, they are unnecessary. I have sold many of my plans to woodworkers who are very happy with the instructions.

I would hope this is a respectable forum for woodworkers seeking info and help. So far the comments I have received tell me otherwise.

Jumping into a newsgroup with SPAM and one that you do not participate
in, is kinda, you know.