Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Thrifty Cabinets Plans

On 12/28/18 10:23 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:41:52 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

I downloaded and looked at one and it was fine. Funniest part is
that the zip file was something like 3.7mb and the extracted file
was 3.8mb. Stupid. Sounds like someone who started with dial-up
and is stuck in his ways. :-)

Either way, I don't see anyone paying for these plans. There's
nothing special about them and the same info is all over the web
for free. Seems to me like a retired guy doing this as a hobby.
Nobel enough venture, but decades behind in terms of
marketability.

The best part is the user agreement that forbids you from selling
anything you make using his plans, without getting written
permission first.

I don't see anyone selling any of the stuff and making any money
unless they hire kids in Taiwan to do it. All the designs look
like RTA assemblies straight out of IKEA or Wayfair.

--

-MIKE-

Mike,

My plans are intended for beginning woodworkers and I think you agree
with that. As for the rest of your comments, they are unnecessary. I
have sold many of my plans to woodworkers who are very happy with the
instructions.

I would hope this is a respectable forum for woodworkers seeking info
and help. So far the comments I have received tell me otherwise.

My first paragraph was a little snarky, I admit.
As for the rest, it's an honest and accurate assessment.
You can either be offended by it or use it as market research.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--