Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sanding belts for steel/iron

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:17:17 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 12/17/2018 8:53 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
news
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ................
Are there any custom bladesmiths in your area you could ask, who
might let you try theirs?

I did and was very impressed with his custom variable speed 2"
machine,

The belts he uses are "structured ceramic".

* Several bladesmiths around , but none I know well enough to ask to
use their tools ... Dan suggested cubitron belts , I can afford 20 bucks
for a pack of 5 to try them out .

I have niot yet tried Cubitron belts but the flap discs are great. Cut
faster for longer than any other flap discs I have used.
Eric