Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bob prohaska bob prohaska is offline

Default Socket for old shower valve bonnet needed

William Bagwell wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 17:18:34 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:

There are photos at
http://www.zefox.net/~bp/shower_valve/
in case anyone's curious.

I was curios why "valve_1.jpg" reminded me of my dial-up days.;-)

Just a matter of hoping the higher resolution might be helpful.

2.8 MB verses ~150 KB... Nice wrench though, a bit crude, but made
of metal!

You are being too polite. It fact it's _very_ crude
and took only a few minutes to make. I think it might
be strong enough as-is, but if not a much stronger
example can be made in little more time once material
is in-hand. Say, 7/8" ID by 1" OD DOM steel. I'm somewhat
fearful of needing a wrench that strong. Number one on
my list of things to avoid is damaging the pipes in the
wall.

The wrench had to be metal, to keep this thread on topic 8-)

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska