Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
%[_3_] %[_3_] is offline

Default Static electricity to the eyeball?

On 2018-12-15 2:12 p.m., Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:44:52 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:43:50 -0000, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Kristy Ogilvie brought next idea :
Where is this protective ground?* There certainly isn't one in
any BT
master
socket I've seen, just a couple of twisted pairs coming through a
plastic
tube to the socket.

Some service lines would be fitted with a ground connection in the
early GPO days, but I doubt any are now. Most likely there will
be a
ground at the pole or the cabinet.

I assume this is only for overhead lines anyway, mine are
underground.

Strangely some newer houses in the next block have overhead phone
wires
(but underground mains wires).* Did they forget them when
building or
something?

Or something most likely. Likely the conduit is there but was
collapsed
by a truck or something so they took the easy way out and went
overhead.

But it's a couple of hundred houses.* And the overhead lines are from
poles to each house.

there's a giant rock under the ground ,
the ground water is too close to the top ,
the shovel guy was sick that day

Ground water is possible.* It's clay soil in my garden, and BT has a
problem with a wet junction box under the pavement in the culdesac.

If I dig, I get water only 2 feet below the ground in the rainy season.

ROFL, rainy season, this is Scotland, so that's 364 days a year.* I like
summer in Scotland, this year it was a Wednesday.

i live about 500 miles south of alaska ,
we don't have summer we have day time and night time

That far north isn't daytime 6 months and nighttime 6 months?

are you asking me or informing me ,
if you're asking , yes it is ,
if you're informing ,
i get about 22 hours of day in summer ,