View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster

Default Centroid M-15 Grief

hi bob: sorry for the delay, i'm a terminal bone marrow cancer patient, somedays i just don't feel great; just got an infusion thursday of Rituxan (therapy drug) and monday it's my 45th or so blood transfusion.

thank you for your reply; i'll try contacting Centroid themselves and see what they say - it might be the only way to go w/out any docs, or will see if they can supply manuals.

copy on the S/N ratio, i've been here for a long time, but haven't been posting much; things have changed over the last 15 years; i'll see about contacting Lloyd - but this control seems to have '96 datecodes on the boards & a 2001 datecode on the rear panel, and i have not been able to locate any manuals for this control other than operator (which does not have the info i really need). the whole setup is too clean to simply give up on, and Centroid might be the only option - at least w/ them we'll know everything is correct.

saw your post above regarding the plastic injection molding machine; my friend just closed their shop after 24 years; i tried helping him sell his (earlier)
machines but no interest - the equipment eventually went to scrap; sad to see machinery go to the scrapper (read "China") - in this area we have one other option as far as scrappers - use Western Metals Recycling (owned by NUCOR) in Reno - they have a smelter in Utah where they send their scrap to make into new metal, thus the scrap does not go to your "neighborly" Chinese.. these machines were too big for your use, tho.

tnx again Bob, take care,
barry
carson city, nv