Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom Biasi[_3_] Tom Biasi[_3_] is offline

Default vision enhancement for close work

On 12/14/2018 7:30 PM, John-Del wrote:
On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 5:55:05 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
I've just entered the "post cataract surgery" world.

Results were good for distance vision. I can't bring anything close to see anymore, focusing just doesn't work.

I don't do a lot of precision work like you all do, but right now threading a needle would be impossible. Reading glasses and a large monitor let me type, but I can't get smaller yet.

Before I had it done I was researching digital microscopes, but now I realize it doesn't matter how big something is on a screen if I can't focus on the screen.

How have you solved this? Some of you must be up around my age, perhaps even past it g

Not an answer but I thought modern cataract surgery implanted a corrective lens. My 80 year old mom didn't even need glasses anymore (except for reading) when she had hers done.

Had the surgery about two years ago. Don't need glasses anymore even to
read. ( Except for medicine bottles and lawyer print.)