Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bob prohaska bob prohaska is offline

Default Socket for old shower valve bonnet needed

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

You might be able to fix the old valve, but you _know_ that it won't be
the end of it. Do it right, replace it, and be done with it.

I don't really disagree with you, but that's a can of worms I'd rather face
on my own terms. If it's possible to fix the valves without too much trouble
it seems foolish to do otherwise. If they can't be fixed, then the decision
making process gets complicated rather quickly.

I'll take a look at the cover plate idea as a stopgap, thanks for pointing
it out.

bob prohaska