Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Socket for old shower valve bonnet needed

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 4:43:20 PM UTC-5, bob prohaska wrote:

If I just hammered a pair of flats on a 7/8" ID tube it _might_ work, but
any wrench I can make will be a worse fit and weaker than the worst wrench
I'm likely to buy. If I damage the valve it'll mean taking out tile,
that could easily turn into a bathroom remodel 8-|

Thanks for writing,

bob

If I wore going to make a special tool, I would think about using a deep socket and a nut that fits the socket. And modify the nut by cutting it so it converts the socket to what you need. THen hold the pieces of the nut in the socket with glue

Dan