Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressors - kinda on topic !

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
I may have a similar problem with my small lathe. It quit yesterday.
Had a couple slow starts where I pushed it with the collet closer
handle to get it going, and now nothing. The fact that its nothing
"not even a hum" mkes me wonder of the on/direction switch is bad.
Fortunately I had radiused just enough alignment pins for the
projects that were finishing yesterday.

I made a short 12 AWG type SO extension cord with some of the outer
insulation removed to diagnose motor problems with a clamp-on ammeter.
It helps to measure how much they draw before they break.