Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cord for reading glasses

NY wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Interesting. Some others I know don’t need bifocals after the [cataract]
surgery.

I've never understood how some people can manage without bifocals.

Cant see why it should be a problem.

As I understand it, the replacement lens is fixed focus,

Yes.

so you're going to need glasses either for distance or for reading.

Yes. So the obvious thing to do is have the fixed focus what
is needed for distance and use single focals for reading.

Unless when they do both eyes, they set one for reading and the other for
distance, but that would take a lot of brain-training for the brain to
learn to disregard the image from whichever eye was out of focus.

Sure.