Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Cord for reading glasses

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
Muddymike wrote:
On 05/12/2018 13:09, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
As age sets in I need glasses to look at the monitor and to read.
I have my glasses on a cord around my neck, Granddad style.
I getting fed up of the little clips that attach to the arms of
my glasses slipping off or snapping. I've bought loads from ebay
sellers, all crap. Can anybody recommend a site for heavy duty
cords? One that will post them to me.
Screwfix are asking for over 6 quid delivered! This is a bit
much.
I just have the cord held in place by a bit of PVC electrical
insulation tape on my workshop reading glasses.

Mike

Yes.
I have thought of that and have just brought my Pound Shop pack of
insulation tape into the house from the garage.
It has only been in there for the past four years.

My *reading* glasses hang round my neck on the cord supplied by
Specsavers. The cord itself is fine but the plastic loop fitted over
the frames stretches.
The first move is to shorten the loop by doubling. This normally
outlasts the prescription but can be reinforced by a few turns of
fusewi-)

Can't see how I can shorten the loop by doubling it.
Fuse wire could be a good idea as could the insulation tape.
It really should not be this difficult.

er.. Two turns of loop round the frames.

er .. I may just try this.