Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressors - kinda on topic !

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:48:30 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

On 04/12/2018 20:19, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:06:42 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 07:39:25 -0600
Terry Coombs wrote:

On 12/4/2018 6:43 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 13:53:29 -0600
Terry Coombs wrote:

[...]
I had a similar problem a few years ago with my Speedaire 20 gallon
2hp. My caps checked out. Ended up cleaning the contacts on the
starting/centrifugal switch. Has been okay since. Take a look at this
pdf file and see it it lists your motor:

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/gr...PREADSHEET.pdf

It had mine in it plus quite a few more...

* Thanks Leon , my motor is listed ! For a 606727 motor - that's what
is on my tag - it calls for a 704 mfd at 110 volts . Hmmm , that doesn't
seem right since this is a 220 volt motor . If doubling the voltage
halves the capacitance needed , a 330-380 mfd cap would seem about right
... I just found a contact link for Emerson , messaged them . We'll see
what they say . I never really thought about how much I use that
compressed air until I don't have it ... and since my ne'er-do-well son
has apparently burned up my small portable for me , I'm kinda in a pinch .

Mine is wired for 110 but can be switched to 220v by moving wires in
the motor. The start cap is 649MFD and 110VAC with a plastic case. The
run cap is in a metal case. So that 110 value maybe okay (shrug). A
picture he

https://i.postimg.cc/J7qVkvJD/DSCF0143.jpg

Many single phase motors are dual voltage. Though I do NOT recommend
starting a 6hp motor on 110vt.....can you say block wide brown out?

Maybe in the USA but I've never seen one in the UK or Europe, only 240V
single phase motors as that's what the supply is. The only dual voltage
motors I've seen in the UK are 3 phase and that effects whether they're
wired star or delta. Conceivably construction site motors in the UK
could be dual voltage but that might be illegal, the construction site
motors here are 110V and wired like US split phase wiring with a centre
tapped neutral and each leg at 55V so a shock is deemed non lethal if a
single live is contacted.

True indeed for the UK and much of Eurpope.

Since the standard for the colonies is 110vt for house wiring and 220
single phase..most of our motors will be marked this way:

https://stickerdeals.net/wp-content/...ng-diagram.jpg

3 phase motors are labled this way:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/KmuB3.jpg

https://www.hunker.com/12390388/how-...10v-220v-motor

Canada uses the same conventions (for the most part) that the US
does..with a few odd places that use 50 hertz power and 330 volts as I
recall..Canadians... please step in and correct me.

Gunner

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

__