Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Back in service was : Compressors - kinda on topic !

On 12/4/2018 2:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 11:51:13 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â* Well , I visited the neighbor , his compressor motor is also a 6 hp
Doerr motor so I borrowed his 189-230something start cap to test . My
motor spun up just fine with the belt off but wouldn't quite go with a
load . So I went to town and bought 2 , one at 243-292 and one at
340-408 . It will start under load with the smaller one ,

start under load? You dont have an unloader on your compressor???

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

Â* Yes of course there's an unloader on it - in fact the tank was empty
this morning . But it was also 26° outside this morning , and there is a
load just from friction and cold oil . This compressor has always
started a little slow in cold weather , sometimes tripping the internal
overload . I usually leave it off unless I need it during the really
cold spells .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old