Bryan Hoyt

Default Help removing a faucet stem

got it. thanks for the help.

"Bryan Hoyt" wrote in message
I have a dripping Standard faucet in my bathroom tub. I have managed to
dismantle the faucet so that I am looking at the stem. Problem is, I

can't
figure out how to get the stem out. It doesn't unscrew, just rotates in
either direction with no results. It passes through a disc with a hole in
the middle (is this the seat?) and doesn't seem fixed. It just wiggles.

It
seems like if I pull hard enough it'll pop out, but I don't want to break
anything. When I did pull on it, I think the disc came out a little bit
with it, but I don't know if the disc is threaded in there. How do I get
the stem out of there so I can check the washer?

Thanks,
Bryan