Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] powersupplyguy@netzero.net is offline

Default Need perfect radius

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 10:10:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Greetings.

I am making a lamp for my living room. I will use a 45 pound plate for the base and some 1/2" rebar for the lamp itself. Base will be on one wall and light bulb will be about 7' away. I need to bend an 11' piece of rebar into a perfect arc. It would be 180 degrees of a circle. I am thinking to make a fixture out of plywood. Fixture would be similar to what an electrician would use to bend conduit. I don't intend on heating rebar. Just bend on fixture. Other way would be to create a fixture using a complete sheet of plywood. I think that is overkill.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Bob

Thank you Carl. My friend has some of the large spools you mention. I think that may be best way to go. If this prototype works well I will make 18 of them using a 20' length for my driveway. Did your greenhouse produce food for your family?