Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Variac question

On 11/3/18 9:37 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In just the last few years I have been looking at the older equipment
(some in the mid 1960s) and they were 2 wire devices. They had the
switch on one side of the transformer and the fuse on the other side.
I don't know about the code or why it was done that way. I would have
thought the fuse would come first on the hot wire and then the switch.
Much of the equipment is ham radio related and most users would have a
good connection of the chassis to the earth ground.

Because in the end, it's a series circuit. It doesn't make a damn bit of
difference.

Primarily, it was done from a "Is this the cheapest and easyist (also
cheapest) way to do it this way?"

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0