Dan O.

Default Kenmore dryer stops too soon early

Daniel Schudel wrote

I have a seven year old Kenmore electric dryer
(110.66702690) that stops drying mid-cycle.

jeff wrote in message ...

The motors built in safety can do this, but -usually-
needs a bit of cooling down time before going again.

I agree. It would also normally happen an all cycles as well, not just
one.

Loose/burnt main power wire (inside the dryer
or in house feed ), door switch, door switch
bracket, timer, belt broken switch (didn't see
one on your model ).

Those would also usually effect all cycles as well.

I've seen other posts recommend the timer
itself as being the problem. I don't really
believe that can be my problem. The dryer
fails on both the "Perm. Press" and
"Knit Delicate" phases of the "Auto Dry I"
setting. It never stops on the "Timed Dry"
or "Air Dry".

*Might* be able to carefully remove the timers
cover to inspect the contacts and lifter cams
inside.

I don't see anything else in the circuit besides the timer which is
different between the auto and regular cycles and which could cause
the whole dryer to shut down. I don't see an inspection plate on the
timer used on that model (see the following link) so disassembly to
view the contact might be tricky. But if it's going to be replaced
anyway...

Kenmore 110.66702690 timer
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=528909

If it was the timer, I don't think pushing the
"Start switch" would start it up again.

As soon as the dryer motor stops the start would need to be pushed to
start it up again. A bad timer contact which heated due to not making
firm contact might have enough time to cool and reset in the period
between.

It would be unusual for such a bad contact to only fail once than
operate Ok afterward but anything's possible in appliance repair.
Maybe the timer's cam is damaged at one point? Did you notice if the
dryer failed at exactly the same point every time or whether it was at
even slightly different spots?

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com