ameijers

Default 1957 Crane Sink

"David McCulloch" |@|.| wrote in message
I'm confused- exactly what is broken, again? I can't see any damage in

the
picture. Is the cast-in overflow tube underneath broken, or something?

That's true. The damage is under the sink. When the plumber was removing
the old drain and installing a new one (Crane's drain assemblies are
proprietary), he broke the fitting.

I just added a 2nd picture to the web page. It shows the damage.
http://www.execpc.com/~dbm/sink

Oh, yeah, I would definitely try epoxy to repair. At this point, you have
nothing to lose. If you can find the chips, great, but even then I would
just mud the drain assemply in place with the epoxy, to ensure a good water
seal at the bottom. When you finally remodel, you'll have to cut it out with
a saw, but at that point you won't care. Scuff up the shiny part of the
china to get a good bond, and use the fiber tape to tie it all together.

Impressive quality on the pictures, by the way. Wish my toy Nikon digital
did as well on closeups.

aem sends....