Speedy Jim

Default 1957 Crane Sink

David McCulloch wrote:

Where do I find a replacement for a (rare?) 1957 Crane sink?

Here's a picture of it that I took a few minutes ago:
http://www.execpc.com/~dbm/sink

Eleven days ago, a plumber broke the porcelain drain component of my only
bathroom's Crane sink (yes, we've been without a sink for that long and will
probably be without one for several more weeks!).

It and the vanity are somewhat custom configured (for example, the sink
overhangs -- and is somewhat cut into -- the front of the vanity), so the
plumber wanted to charge my wife $1,100 to fix the problem. After I called
him, he was willing to use his insurance, but both of us would like to find
a win-win scenario if possible. To avoid expensive (and less attractive)
vanity work, we would like to locate a replacement sink. How could we do
that?

Markings are as follows:

July 19, 1957

CRANE
PACIE/C (the "IE" is a bit difficult to read)
All China

77 (this is stamped all by itself)

You're in for a tough hunt.
Maybe start he
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=salvage+sinks

Call some of the listings and ask if they have resources they
can call upon to help with the search.

Jim