Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Harman Kardon 930 lost channel. Hoe to trouble shoot ?

On 10/12/18 3:19 PM, wrote:
On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 9:24:31 AM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:

Providing that the thermal infrared emissivity of the surface is high,
e.g. plastic or glass. A dab of grease or some tape will make it work a
lot better.

I have not experienced that issue, for the record.

What testing have you done?

What I find is that accuracy starts to suffer as the battery gets weak.
I view them the same as smoke-alarm batteries - 2x per year, whether I
need it or not. And the used batteries are put aside for my increasing
number of novelty radios that the grandkids are fighting over. Not in
them, but with them for demonstration purposes.

You can't do good IR temperature measurements on shiny metal surfaces.
Nasty grey pitted aluminum is about halfway between shiny metal and a
true black body.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--