Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Cuisinart Coffee Maker -- Diagram or photo of internals?

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 9:35:28 AM UTC-4, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I ran the clean cycle on our Cuisinart DCC-2650 coffee maker, but then
when I went to rinse it with clean water it didn't heat up.

I removed the screws from the metal bottom plate, but it seems that that
was a mistake, because when I removed the deep-set screws in the plastic
part of the bottom and removed the whole bottom everything was
disconnected from that metal plate, and I can't see exactly where
everything fitted.

More precisely: there is a Q8025J6 Triac hanging by its wire leads,
which are held against the edge of a clear plastic part, and an aluminum
plate (heat sink) but I can't figure out exactly how they go back together.

And IAC if the Triac is the problem, so far I've only found companies
selling them in minimum lots of 50.

I figured out how everything goes back together, but of course it still
didn't work, so I did a little probing with the bottom (plastic plus
metal plus everything attached to the metal again) off and the thing
plugged in. I measured 120V across the outer shells of what I assume are
thermal fuses with their leads spot-welded to the terminals of the
heating element, but nothing across the terminals of the element. One of
those thermal fuses is bad, but with no way of spot-welding a
replacement in place is there any practical way of fixing it?

Perce

I had a coffee maker with failed thermal fuse. There were two in series
and I just jumpered the bad one. This had spade type connectors...
maybe post pic and someone will have an idea.

George H.
(I have a hate/love relation with coffee makers... well mostly hate.)