Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Steff[_2_] Steff[_2_] is offline

Default Harman Kardon 930 lost channel. Hoe to trouble shoot ?

Well just lost a channel at my Harman Kardon 930 Vintage geek as I am I
want to keep my great Reciver and repair it..

What I done sofaar

Check Fuses ( They are OK)
Moving the speakers between the channels left-Right And A and B speaker
outlets.

With this info I understand that the left Channel is ALMOST dead turning
the balance to Left channel I can hear a faint OK sound. (Like the tiny
transistors trying their best before the end power transistors do their job.

My conclution.

1 Not enough power to the end transistors on the left channel.
2 Broken End Trasistors (two 2SC897 according to the scematics)
3 End of preamp broken on left channel.

Most likely End transistors..

Is my thinking OK or did I miss something ?

I am a beginner in HiFi electronics but have basic skills in electricity
as an electrician for 25 years and do know how to solder..