Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can I remove the choke?

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 08:53:42 UTC+1, wrote:

I have an older laptop PC. It has a inline transformer. In other words,
the transformer is between the wall plug and the PC. The little plug
came off where it plugs into the PC. I have some of those plugs, but
there is not enough wire between a cord choke, that is right at the end
of the cord by the PC. It's molded on the wire so I cant move it.

Can I remove the choke?

yes, they work fine without. If you want you could also strip the ferrite ring & slip it onto the flex, or slip a different one on.

NT