Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default Activate PIR xmtr

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 6:07:58 PM UTC-7, OGER wrote:
I am trying to build a garage door monitor.
My new garage door opener does not have a lock function like my previous
so I need a way to monitor the door state in my house,

I got a garage door monitor from Sears. It has a device (powered by a CR2032 battery) that attaches to the door, and it transmits a signal when the door is open (mercury switch?). A receiver in the house has red and green LEDs, and it shows red when the door is up and green when the door is down.

I think it cost me about US$40, but a quick Google search shows them from Chamberlain and LiftMaster for under $100. Since Sears and OSH are both going out of business, you might be able to find one at a clearance price.

Of course, this approach deprives you of the joy of building one for yourself.