Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Need schematic

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:20:48 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Such as an IED, maybe?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

On my website is the design and firmware for a very small countdown
timer that could indeed be misused as a detonator. I designed it as
an option board for the Roy induction heater and have now adapted it
to time the heat on our Annie, the brass annealer for people who
reload ammo.

I refuse to be a fear-monger and refuse to punish legitimate users by
taking down the design because of a theoretical misuse scenario.

Proposing such a scenario as if it's actually probable is beyond the
pale. After all, ordinary burglar alarm PIR detector, microswitches,
vibration sensor (another burglar alarm device) and any number of
devices can be misused.

If you were joking, it wasn't funny. Enough fear mongering and you
end up with something like the Communist Republic of California where
you're not free to do much of anything other than smoke a blunt or be
queer.

On a lighter note, I'm kicked around this question in my mind for many
years. "What would it take to make a totally non-disarmable bomb?"
Since I'm now retired, maybe I'll take a go at it. Not with actual
explosives, of course. Maybe a big red LED that spells out "Boom".
Hmmm, maybe I could get a competition going, similar to battlebots.

Hmmmm,
John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com