Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default USB flexible cameras

On 16/09/2018 20:02, GB wrote:
I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for
leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the
trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very
small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well?Â* Preferably not too
expensive.

There's no simple answer to this. I have several, they all have
limitations. It is sometimes helpful to have a separate light source. It
is very often more difficult than you expect to get a good angle of view
on things. It's usually easier to get a "straight ahead" view than a
"sideways" view. As you have found, if you start with high expectations
you will be disappointed.