Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
OGER[_2_] OGER[_2_] is offline

Default Activate PIR xmtr

When looking for the LED, what description do I look for ?
I have never seen anything called a thermal LED.
DigiKey have them. Their on-line catalog is impossible to find anything
especially LEDs.
Any part number for me ?

I am trying to build a garage door monitor.
My new garage door opener does not have a lock function like my previous
so I need a way to monitor the door state in my house,

The driveway monitor is almost all I need and if I had a schematic I
could modify it internally. Looking at the circuit board does not give
enough info.

On 2018-09-23, OGER wrote:
Suggestions please.

Taking a driveway PIR xmtr to modify for other purposes with no actual
internal mods.

What is needed to activate the PIR. LED color or type ?

changing thermal infrared
small 100 ohm resistor fed by 1Hz 5V square wave