Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Blown Electros

On 09/17/2018 07:35 AM, wrote:
Sure. I will not suggest that it happens "all the time", but I have had a couple of big, honking (5,000uf @ 80V) coupling caps go off like Roman candles, leaving no other marks and giving no warning. These things had little rubber plugs on top - and the only visible evidence after the show was that the plug was missing. Made in Scotland, as it happens.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Hello, and if it isn't Scotch, it's craaaap! Sincerely, and with
apologies to the creators of a very old Dan Aykroyd SNL sketch),

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: