Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Bamboo Cups, plates, trays etc.

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:02:06 +0200, Brian Reay wrote:

The thread on Bamboo scaffolding reminded me of some Bamboo cups,
plates, trays etc I've seen for sale on various places. I think I first
saw them in the Eden Project gift shop but I've seen them in other shops
on the high street.

Bamboo plates and cups seems like a totally barmy idea to me. Those of us
who remember the late 70s fad for "chicken in a basket" pub meals will no
doubt also remember the number of food poisoning cases that stupid idea
gave rise to.

That was the excess quantity of Watneys Red Barrel, Double Diamond etc beer
that the customers of establishments that served such abortions also
slugged back while the missis sat meekly with a snowball or perry .For many
it was their first experiences of eating out apart from their wedding
and the odd funeral and the hand washing facilities in pub toilets were
still the slice of green soap cut of a slab of the stuff and a roller
towel if you were lucky standard, and many blokes never washed their hands
anyway.
Then came the first trips abroad and feeling sophisticated on their return
the blokes started to neck back foreign sounding Lagers produced in Luton
,Warrington etc while the missus got stuck into wine from a box.

GH