Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Knurling in a drill press?

On 16/09/2018 19:23, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 14:38:07 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:21:29 +0100, nothanks wrote:

The problem with doing much more than drilling in a drill press is that
side load on the morse taper will make the chuck walk out of the socket.

I guess you could get around the severe radial loading by clamping the
knurling rollers 180' apart so the work piece is in the middle of them.

No 'work around' needed as I think you will find that's the point of
the knurling tool the OP referenced in his first post....

They are normally used with the wheels about 120 degrees apart.

Colin Bignell