Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Bamboo Cups, plates, trays etc.

The thread on Bamboo scaffolding reminded me of some Bamboo cups,
plates, trays etc I've seen for sale on various places. I think I first
saw them in the Eden Project gift shop but I've seen them in other shops
on the high street.

They aren't obviously made from bamboo, they look like melamine. No sign
of the original bamboo structure etc.

I'm curious how they are made.

One, obvious, idea is making the bamboo into a fine sawdust, mixing with
a bonding agent, and forming the items.

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ