Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Micro USB connector - long reach or no plastic boot - XPOST

On 16 Sep 2018 12:44:06 GMT, David wrote:

Quite a while ago I dropped by tablet with a USB cable connected.
As far as I can tell it landed on the USB connector and pushed the USB
socket a bit further into the tablet and now a normal USB cable will not
connect.

I don't want to take the back off because the chance of doing permanent
damage outweighs the gain from restoring the USB connector.

snip

I guess that depends on the tablet and your skills? I replaced the
uUSB socket for a friend the other day on a 10" Samsung tablet and I'd
have to say it was pretty easy (and cheap).

On my old Archos tablet the socket was broken (the plastic insulator
bit) but it still worked if you were careful so I just glued (a couple
of drops of EvoStick either side) in a magnetic connector but then I
don't have it in a cradle.

Cheers, T i m