Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] richlilja@gmail.com is offline

Default Homemade industrial wire stripper

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 9:14:17 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus31473 wrote:
I would like to make a wire stripper. And by this, I do not mean those
"look, mommy, I made a wire stripper from a knife blade and toy car
wheels".

I mean a powered industrial machine that is

a) Safe in use
b) Can strip significant amount of wire per hour
c) Strips cables up to 1 inch thick.

I can find a gear motor and other equipment without problems, I just
wanted to see if anyone was aware of similar projects that worked out
well.

I found a good machine that you can make (I am going to make one also).
This machine requires some rollers from an old excerise machine, a motor, belt and some wood. It does not have any blades at all, and the insulation is burnt off using only friction. This stripper can handle any type of wire you throw at it. You can see it in action here with instructions on how to build it; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQr6QwacJHQ

Good luck!
Rich