Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Looking for a power washer

In article ,
says...

You are not pressure washing the siding on a house in a half hour tho.
I can't do my driveway that quick either. Even with the 2700 PSI
machine it is a few hours. We have a little electric but it is just a
toy we use for washing the love bugs off the car or cleaning out the
trash cans. Much else and I fire up a big boy.
I really have more trouble with my well water killing the pump than
the engine not starting. We usually just keep cleaning something until
it is out of gas.
I would consider a propane conversion if I had something that was used
infrequently. I did it to my generator. It is $100 or so and pretty
easy to install.

I made the mistake of washing my driveway one time. Took about 2 days.
Using a gas unit with plenty of pressure. The wand cut the crud with no
problem,but it was only a path about 4 inches wide. Driveway is about
200 feet long with half of that the width of a 2 car garage.

I have a tiller that I use once or twice a year for about an hour or
two. I use the ethanol free gas and even put in the Stabil as it comes
out of the same can I use to fill the mower. At the end of use, I let
it run empty and even try to crank it a few times. For the last 10
years it has never failed to start with 3 pull so or less the next year
after filling it with new gas. Oftenit starts with one pull.