Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Service mode for Sharp TV - manually add channels

On 13-8-2018 6:04, Peabody wrote:
I have a Sharp dumb TV, model LC-32LB150U. I'm looking at cutting the cord,
and need to figure out what local channels I can get. With an indoor
antenna, I've found that the antenna pointing direction makes a big
difference in which channels show up on auto-scan, so I'm unable to get all
the potentially receivable channels in the channel list at one time. The
TV's menu offers no option to add channels manually. I can delete channels,
but not add them.

So I wondered if there's a service mode or menu, and if so, how do I get to
it, and is it likely to allow me to add channels manually?

If that doesn't work, can anyone suggest how to solve this problem? I was
thinking an antenna rotator would solve the actual reception problem, but
all the channels have to be in the auto-detect list somehow. I would rather
avoid two antennas, although that might work temporarily to get the list
right.

Get a circular antenna.