Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Walmart LED lamps

Horizontal works fine. Even a slight angle like the ones in my track
lighting seem to work fine.
I have a half dozen lamps that burn 24-7. These are the ones I replaced
first because the energy savings were worth it. The ones that burn base up
have all been replaced three times, the others are on their first bulb.
These were either Phillips or Sylvania and all their 8w (60 watt eq).
Understand, the time on the burned out ones was probably 10k hours. but the
others are pushing 30k.
I could probably send them back under warranty, but around here, the basic
bulbs are heavily subsidized by the local power company and only cost about
a buck.

Paul K. Dickman

"Stephen B." wrote in message
news
Paul K. Dickman wrote:
I've been buying the basic LED A series replacements for a few years now,
and what you say about heat dissipation is right.
They hate to run in a base up configuration. Anything above a 60w
equivalent
will burn out lickety split when run base up. Even the 60w equivalents
have
a seriously shortened life because all the heat gets trapped in the base
where the electronics are.

I have a few ceiling lights I have been thinking of putting LED into.
How are they on their side?

Stephen B.

--
Remove first spam only to reply